Refer to the information below.
- Categories of Personal Information We Collect
- Sources Of Personal Information
- Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
- How We Disclose Personal Information
- We Combine Information
- Sensitive Personal Information
- How Long We Keep Personal Information
- Cookies, Analytics, and Other Tracking Technology
- Links to Other Websites
- This Site is Not Intended for Minors
- Marketing Communications
- Processing in the United States
- Contact Us
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
The type of information that we collect depends on your interaction and relationship with us. We collect, and in the preceding 12 months have collected, the below categories and types of personal information with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Contact Information. We collect full name, email address, mailing address, birth date, telephone number, and business contact information.
- Identifiers. We collect internet protocol address, social media handles or IDs (such as your LinkedIn username) and account usernames and passwords.
- Financial Information. We collect financial or bank account information, payment card number, payment card expiration date and CVV code, and billing address.
- Commercial Information. We collect information about Services that you purchase or subscribe to, content that you may create using our Services, and records and transcripts of communications with us, such as communications with our customer service team or through the chat feature on our Site.
- Internet or Electronic Usage Data. We collect data related to network and website interaction history, IP address, website cookie information, interaction with advertisements and browsing time.
- Professional or Employment Information. We collect your business type and status.
- Geolocation Data. We collect geolocation data including the general region or area from which you access our Site.
- Inferences: We use information from the categories of personal information described above in order to create a profile about you, to reflect your preferences, characters, behavior and attitude.
Sources Of Personal Information
Sources Of Personal Information
- Directly from you. We collect contact information, identifiers, professional or employment information, financial information and commercial information that you provide directly to us.
- Automatically. When you access our Site, we collect identifiers, geolocation data, and internet or electronic usage data using tools like browser cookies.
- From third parties. We may collect contact information, identifiers, commercial information, professional or employment information, and inferences from third-parties including our vendors, clients, or service providers.
- Social media platforms. Depending on the information you choose to share and your privacy settings, we may collect contact information, identifiers, or traits, geolocation data, commercial information, professional or employment information, internet or electronic usage data, and inferences. Based on the way you have set your privacy settings on your social media accounts, most social media platforms, like Facebook and Instagram, analyze data about how you interact with our Site and combine it with information on other users to provide us information about you. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users interact with us on social media and information about you is visible to us, for example the fact that you are “friends” or other public-facing profile information.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
We use personal information for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Providing our Services. We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, commercial information, professional and employment information to allow customers to subscribe to our Services, provide the Services we have contracted for, process payments, and provide updates requested by customers.
- Transactional Purposes. We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, professional or employment information, and commercial information to: (i) communicate with you, including when you use the chat feature on our Site; (ii) provide you with customer assistance; (iii) administer contracts with our vendors, customers, and service providers; and (iv) provide supporting business activities such as billing and collections, procurement, and tax related activities;
- Business Operations. We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, professional or employment information, and inferences for our day-to-day business operations including maintaining records, manage our facilities, planning, budgeting, calibration, database administration, surveys, evaluations, reports, compliance, regulatory, audit, investigative and disciplinary purposes and other ethics and compliance reporting tools, and to support our business operations.
- Analytics. We use identifiers, internet or electronic usage data, geolocation data, commercial information, and inferences to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes. We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, professional or employment information, internet or electronic usage data, geolocation data, and inferences to improve our marketing efforts, conduct market research, prospect for new clients or consultants, engage in client relationship management, client engagement, administering promotions, and to provide you with information about us, including blog posts, newsletters and personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of our Site and Systems. We use contact information, identifiers, geolocation data, internet or electronic usage data to improve our Site and systems, provide and maintain functionality on our Site and systems, including the live chat or feature on our Site, and help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Site and systems. Maintenance of our systems includes activities such as applying security controls for company systems, providing new system implementations, applying change management processes, and providing IT support.
- Develop and Improve Our Services. We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, commercial information, geolocation data, internet or electronic usage data, inferences, and professional or employment information to help us develop new products and services and to improve and analyze our existing service offerings.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, commercial information, internet or electronic usage data, geolocation data, professional or employment information, and inferences to: (i) protect us, our employees, and our Site, premises, assets, systems, products, services and intellectual property, including from fraud, theft, and misconduct; (ii) enforce our policies and terms; (iii) conduct vendor due diligence; and (iv) detect and prevent fraud, theft and misconduct including by verifying the identity of those we are conducting business with.
- Legal: We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, commercial information, internet or electronic usage data, geolocation data, professional or employment information, and inferences to comply with our legal obligations, including reporting requirements, and defend ourselves in legal proceedings, and protect our company and our property, employees, and others through legal proceedings.
- Other Purposes: We may use contact information, identifiers, financial information, commercial information, internet or electronic usage data, geolocation data, professional or employment information, and inferences for other reasons we may describe to you.
How We Disclose Personal Information
We disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We may share personal information with vendors and service providers who support the operation of our Services, website, and our business and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us (including, for example, cloud hosting, payment processing, email delivery, marketing, insurance, operating systems and platforms, transportation, and customer support services). In some cases, the vendor or service provider may directly collect the information from you on our behalf.
- Affiliates. We may share personal information with and among our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, or their successors or assigns.
- Analytics/Advertising Partners. We may share personal information with third party analytics or advertising partners, including social media platforms and networks, who provide analytics or marketing and advertising services to us.
- Professional Advisors. We may share information with professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, tax consultants, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Government Entities. We share information with regulatory and government entities including government, administrative, law enforcement and regulatory agencies; tax authorities; and other public agencies or authorities if we think we should in order to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation. This includes cooperating with law enforcement when we think it is appropriate, obtaining legal remedies or limiting our damages, and to enforcing or protecting our contracts, legal rights or the rights of others, including by responding to claims asserted against us.
- Corporate Transaction Recipients. We may share information with potential investors, purchasers, merger partners, and their advisors in the event we: (i) sell or transfer, or are considering selling or transferring, all or a portion of our business or assets; or (ii) are considering or engaging in any reorganization, conversion, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our ownership interest, business or operations; or (iii) are soliciting or accepting investments.
- Other Reasons. We may disclose personal information for other reasons we may describe to you, including if you consent to the disclosure or direct us to disclose your information.
We Combine Information
We combine information we obtain from different sources with publicly available information, including to create inferences about you. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. We combine information that we have collected across other third party sites. We combine information across devices, such as computers and mobile devices. We may also combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
Sensitive Personal Information
Unless specifically requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose to us, through the Services or otherwise, any Sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security number, taxpayer identification number, passport number, driver’s license number, or other government-issued identification number; credit or debit card details or financial account number, with any code or password that would permit access to the account, credit history; or information on race, religion, ethnicity, sex life or practices or sexual orientation, medical or health information, genetic or biometric information, biometric templates, political or philosophical beliefs, political party or trade union membership, background check information, judicial data such as criminal records, or information on other judicial or administrative proceedings).
How Long We Keep Personal Information
We will retain and use your information for as long as we need it to provide you services or products, or as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Where we process personal information for marketing purposes, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing so that we can respect your request in future. We use the following criteria to determine retention periods:
- how long the information is needed to provide our services, operate our business and assert our legal rights;
- whether there are contractual or legal obligations that exist that require us to retain the information for period of time;
- whether any law, statute, or regulation allows for a specific retention period;
- whether an individual has agreed to a longer retention period;
- whether the data is considered to be sensitive data; and
- what the expectation for retention was at the time the data was provided to us.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us and have implemented reasonable technical, organization, administrative and physical measures to protect personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and encourage you to use websites and share information with caution.
This Site is Not Intended for Minors
Our Site is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected or stored personal information from an individual under age 13, we will remove his or her personal information from our files. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by using the "unsubscribe" link or mechanism noted in communications you receive from us. You may also request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us at email@example.com. Once we process your request, we will cease using the information for such purposes at no charge to you. If you opt out of getting marketing messages, you will continue to receive messages from us about your relationship with us where permitted by law.
Processing in the United States
If you have any questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.