On this week’s Pitches That Placed, we are highlighting a pitch that landed an on-air segment for Let’s Talk LIVE! on News Channel 8. Let’s see why this pitch worked:
Let’s take a look at the actual pitch that placed:
Subject line: ATTN: Courtney & Leah- When Chic Brides Brunch x Let’s Talk Live Segment
Hello & Happy Monday Courtney & Leah!
I hope that you both had a great weekend! I am handling the PR for ______ which will be held Sun, April 30th in Washington, DC. ______ is the ultimate pre-wedding event that is perfect for brides, their families, and of course wedding party! There will be vendors on-site, including wedding and event experts individuals can consult with, a bridal fashion show, and of course the delicious brunch and complimentary mimosas from the mimosa bar. Any new bride-to-be will get overwhelmed with all of the decisions that need to be made, and the ______ will answer all of their questions!
With this being the kick-off of wedding season, and some [year] brides still needing to make decisions, and [year] brides just starting their search, I thought this may be a great segment for Let’s Talk Live.
Please let me know if you may be interested in the following below. I have also included the press release at the end of this email.
- Interview with Creator of ______ (Discussing what attendees can look forward to)
- The Do’s/Don’ts of finding a Wedding Coordinator
- Showcase bridal fashions and Highlight two of the Vendors from ______
- How to throw the wedding of your dreams on a budget with A4dable Events (The company doing ______),
Our PR bestie explains why it worked:
- “The story angles for the Producers were provided so they didn’t have to figure out how to create a segment.”
- “The timeliness of the pitch as it was wedding season.”
- “It was creating a solution for their viewers on how to still be able to achieve your wants on a budget, in addition to being relatable to the hard-working individual who wants grand but may need to go about a bit differently.”
If your looking for more tips and insights into how to pitch broadcast news, read more from this profile about the dos and don’ts of broadcast media.
Do you have a pitch that landed your client exceptional coverage that you want to highlight? Email us at email@example.com with your pitch and 3-5 reasons why you believe it worked.
Want more blogs like this?
Click below to subscribe to our newsletter and receive weekly emails with the top blogs from The TypeBar!